Saturday, October 27, 2012

It starts innocently enough...

First, you gotta have a plan, right?

So here's the plan.

Via Ye Wiki of Vintage Papergoods. And how freaking awesome is it that there is a vintage pattern Wiki?!

Phase 1: Decide which vintage pattern hotness to use. There's the one up above, which I don't own and can't find for sale at the moment, so that adds a bit of romance and intrigue to things...

And then there's this one, recently resurrected from the depths of the pattern hoard:


Some modifications would be in order, but the bones are great.

Phase 2: Acquire yardage. The sudden passion for this project is entirely the fault of my midnight fabric trawling habits. (Thank you, Fabric.com for sending me helpfully harassing email alerts every day that I somehow manage NOT to browse.) But! The new fabric is totally cute and tacky!


Which brings us to Phase 4: Collect the new, totally cute and tacky fabric off the line tomorrow after it dries. Why? Because I am a bad not-so-housewifely woman who hangs her laundry up too late in the day for it to dry.


I suppose I could have waited til the morning to put it out, right before I left for work. But that would have totally killed Phase 3:



Pretend the laundry needs to go out RIGHT NOW so that I can enjoy the view from the field. 


And besides, I just don't know what I would do with myself if I didn't give the neighbors something to gossip about. Leaving your laundry up overnight 'round these parts is somewhere between Adultery and Horse-Thievery on the neighborhood Richter Scale of Socially Unacceptable Deeds.

I suppose that makes the angry mob "Phase 5." Updates to follow, but likely after Halloween and a weekend of Civil War tomfoolery!

No comments:

Post a Comment